Opus has provided SCADA and Electrical Services for municipalities and heavy industries since 1965.
Opus specializes in the implementation of technology solutions for our local and global municipal water and waste and heavy industrial clients.
We assist our clients on improving performance in operations, engineering, and planning. Our suite of SCADA, electrical engineering and programming services delivers an integrated approach in exceeding our client's goals.
Our expertise in this area spans electrical, programming, commissions, and post construction, support. We provide conceptual, preliminary detailed design, construction administration and project management services along with a suite of complementary services including SCADA information technology and "Big Data" solutions for our clients.
Our SCADA & electrical capability and experience:
Our collaborative approach helps our clients meet their technical and business goals in leveraging our electrical and SCADA capabilities to enhance utility performance, ease of operations and maintenance, and planning for future growth.
Over the years we have amassed significant experience and expertise with electrical, instrumentation, controls, automation, communications, security and SCADA systems in the area of water, wastewater and heavy industrial applications.
We understand the details, features and benefits of our client's electrical and SCADA systems and our clients benefit from our holistic approach to providing complete solutions, from concept planning to engineering, programming, commissioning, post construction technical support and training.
We are passionate about improving our client's operations performance and we strive to collaborate with our clients to provide innovative and pragmatic solutions to meet their challenge and goals.
Our engineering services include:
SCADA and Security Services
- SCADA, control and automation systems
- Wireless communications
- Radio path survey analysis and testing
- Designs and specifications prepared for tendering
- Process information management
- Programming and commissions
- Data mining
Planning and Policy
- Cyber security
- Feasibility studies
- Information Management
- Master Planning
- Value Engineering
- Electrical power distribution
- Standby power system
- Uninterruptible power system
- Lightning and surge protection
- Arc Flash Study
- Power system studies
- Grounding system
- Fire alarm system
- Lighting design
- Intelligent lighting control system
Operations and Support
- Commissioning and Start up
- System support (SCADA & Electrical)
- Trouble shooting
- Report management
- Dashboard development
- Electrical audit
- Energy audit
- Acceptance test of electrical equipment
Our programming and field services include:
- Developing and commissioning turn-key systems
- Remote Terminal Unit (RTU), Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), Distribution Control System (DCS)
- Human Machine Interface (HMI), configuration services, from simple operator interfaces to networked personal and server computer based software packages
- Alarm system software configuration including notification, acknowledgement and recording
- Communications testing, trouble shooting
- Field Commissioning Services
Our post-construction services include:
- Developing preventative maintenance programs and calibration schedules
- Maintenance and calibration of SCADA system, controls and instrumentation equipment
- Troubleshooting problematic equipment and radio and communications systems
- Off-site process control system and performance monitoring
- Operator and staff training